Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I Did Good!

Blog August 14, 2013

By routine these days consists of all day Mondays at 211 which means I leave the house before 630 in the morning roll up to Starbucks and get my coffee and catch the bus to the train. Then on Tuesday Wednesday and Fridays I have over at Wellness, where I do my physical workout. This takes all afternoon, actually Wellness takes just over an hour from 3 to 4. The rest of the time I spent in transit which is okay it's just a long afternoon. I still have a great deal of time in which. I could do good. It shouldn't be so hard to do this but it is. But, sometimes the opportunity just falls in your lap and that is the best..

Yesterday, Dianne drove me to the train station. This not only helps me save a great deal of time but this also helps save about 10% or more of my battery that I can use in my power chair. So, yesterday as I was downloading from the Van and starting to drive off to the train Dianne called me back and when I got back to the Van Dianne was speaking to a young Asian woman who seemed to distress. It seems so young woman mistook our vehicle for courtesy van from the hotel she is staying. It took us a few minutes to bridge the language barrier before he finally realized she needed a van or needed transportation back to her hotel. We of course offered transportation but she refused rather adamantly. So, we doubt the number on the hotel card she had and spoke to the manager and her behalf. It took a few minutes to strong-arm the guy to dispatch a vehicle for her but he did.


I sent Dianne on her way because there was little she could do just hanging around. I sensed the Asian woman did not want to communicate a whole lot. She just wandered off to another part of the parking area and waited. There is some concern about where the manager thought she would be when he arrived. So I figured it would be best for me to hang around just in case she needed to use the phone again. I needed to get to my agenda but I had time, and even if I didn't it wouldn't matter if I was late to the workout. I would still be able to give my full workout in. I know if the situation had been reversed I would've wanted someone to wait with me on a hot afternoon in a foreign land.so I did something good in the world that day. It didn't take a lot of thinking and it did not take a whole lot of sacrifice just a little time. But this is one of those junctures in life where a conscious decision was made to be made. I could've felt my life and my time is so important that I didn't have time for this last person. It felt good to done something I felt was good.

No comments: