Thursday, August 22, 2013

Poetry


I write poetry! I love to write poetry but I don't write poetry as much as I should ...there are a host of things I should do often and unrelenting but I do not. I think I've always liked poetry, or should I say writing poetry, because I felt it was easier than writing prose or short stories or novels. I've written poetry for as long as I can remember for at least as long as I've been able to write. I have tried little versus written to my mother when I was very young second or third grades. Mom kept them returning them to me before she died. I think in high school I began to realize that I liked in poetic and had something to say in poetic verse. That is the same time I was turned onto some of the more bizarre poets, in my estimation I. E.Poe, Samuel Coleridge and others-- I felt there was finally, somewhere I fit in.

So, I became a scribbler of verse. Again, I wish I was more committed, I wish I had a burning desire to read deeply and understand the great poets but I didn't have the patience or the love of other peoples written verse. But I did love my own writing which is part of an overall problem self the adore-meant,severe narcissism. It is unbelievable how much poetry at lost over the years, full notebooks and folders either throw away, forgotten about or just plain lost and lose and computer failures. I'm ever back up enough or back up onto drives stored away from the system. I should learn but my whole life is I should learn.

So I was pretty intrigued when I found Art Access here in Salt Lake. Art Access is a private nonprofit set solely to provide people with disabilities the chance to participate on the creative front of all things art. Of course I'm pretty cynical but used the private nonprofit for much as I could. I've written in the past blogs about Art Access's openings, Desert Wanderings, and place written and performed on the Art Access stage. While heady times. So where are these wanderings going? I've decided to once again wander through what little bit of my poetry is left and see if I have enough material to post some kind of booklet or book. Plan to focus the book of poetry on public transit, or my life in public transit. This is something I've thought about for years. I've always felt there's so much anguish and drama with people who are disabled and trying to use public transit especially those whose only form of transportation is public transit.

This post was post be about poetry slams which I can see now still needs to be written and shall be written right now I have to lay the groundwork to poetry slams. Poetry slams will be one posting in the series on my poetry, I think. I may even weave and some of my other artwork I. E. Sketches, drawings and paintings who knows got a whole canvas here work on. And again I'm guilty of usury if I can use my standing as a person with a disability and Are Accesses mandate of opening art to all. I think if I can compile enough material that I can be granted enough to produce a small book of verse. Am I bad?

No comments: