Friday, October 25, 2013

Dream. Scape



I don't have a recurring dream although I must admit I have dreams that have a reoccurring theme and that kind of worries me. Last night I dreamt, are what I remember dreaming was that I was having difficulty in my volunteer position and seemed to be causing me much stress. It seems so real like dreams do but I was actually sweating what the folks are how the folks at my volunteer site were going to terminate me. Then in a “ ah ha” moment I realized “ I can't be fired!”. I can be asked to leave and not return which I guess would amount to a firing but that the same trauma and fears that would come with being fired from a regular job.

Don't get me wrong I currently really enjoy my volunteer position. I like to work that I am asked to do. What I currrently do is inbound calling basically answering the phone when the next call comes in and try to match the person with their need hopes to help them get off their lives. It is a great chance for me to do good and believe me I need to do good.. I believe doing good..is burn off bad karma. I may be whistling in the dark but this belief makes me feel better. I have written in the past that I like the staff I work with and even the parent organization regardless of their high in the sky “rah.rah” mentality. They are kind of cute. I'm not too pleased with the direction the program seems to be headed but that's not my responsibility or problem. I am a volunteer. I can leave if and when ever I want. The best part more or less is that I can set my own hours. I currently work about 12 to 13 hours a week. I work a full shift on Mondays which is eight hours and then I come in for about two hours on Tuesday. On Tuesday I come in for the beginning of the shift so I'm there by 8:30 AM which means it actually there about 7 AM. This is what I like getting up early riding public transit and being downtown is the beast awakes. The Monday shift goes fast usually in Tuesday's shift just a sneeze in time. But I finish on Tuesday I have my whole week ahead of me it doesn't get better than that.


I have been thinking maybe I should be thinking of something else to do, something else to volunteer. Seriously now I'm thinking about volunteering somewhere else is like a kid in a candy shop what can I do, what should I do, what would be fun to do. I can make choices like that. Oh, I'm not ready to give up my headphones yet at 211 but things are changing I don't like change I don't like cheesy rah rah and I don't like other folks trying to drive my volunteer bus. More about the volunteer bus to come…

No comments: