Thursday, October 17, 2013

Monitoring

Its been almost a week since I put on my cardiac monitor, Electronic box a little bit larger than a pack a cigarettes that hangs off a dongle I must wear around my neck. I cannot say the past week is not been hell but I can't say I have been a hell of a lot more comfortable. But I'm trying to keep an open mind on the whole project and hopefully something good will come out of it.

As you can see the monitor hangs between my boobs—yes I know I have man boobs and that's okay with me I got used to them in fact I kinda like the boobs but that is a entry for another time. I held off putting the monitor on till last Saturday. I really didn't want to wear it, it really intimidated me. I didn't know how it' going to live my life this thing hanging around my neck. But I decide to go with game plan and give it a shot. Dianne and I read up on the system, the monitor comes in the mail like something from Amazon.com. You have to take the monitor out of the box did the batteries in and then call the 800 number to let you guys know that you indeed have the monitor that you are getting ready to crank it up. They walk you through some initial steps to make sure you're broadcasting and that that. You go on with your life if you can. So of course I plan to start wearing the monitor during the weekend so I did a little comfortable with the device come Monday when I headed into work/volunteering. I don't like anything hanging around my neck for a very long and I'm surprised that tolerated this device for a week now. Probably, the biggest issue I have with the monitor is trying not to rip the electrodes off my skin as I get into bed at night. I have to be careful because when I flip myself into bed I usually end up face down i.e. chest down and have to push myself up and onto my side. You see of course with the monitor this is really difficult I landed right on top of the monitor and any move I make seems to jeopardize the leeds but after a couple of days are nights I seem to be doing better the leads are staying on. The other issue is shaving in the morning.. I cannot get moisture on the monitor. So what I have done is to wrap the monitor in a plastic bag( the kind you get from the market, the real filmy plastic). So far this seems to be working however I've noticed some moisture getting into the case so I am now wrapping the monitor in the plastic bag in a towel which seems to work okay. Aside from that everything sort of the same. I wear a shirt or sweater over the monitor and no one seems to notice that's okay by me. It's cool now so I wrap my hood around my body anyway so no one sees the monitor like I said it would be a big deal if they did see the monitor in fact it might be cool. I really haven't told anyone about monitor unless they happen to be on Facebook right bitched about a little bit.


I like to be naked you all know that and this monitor has really cut into my nudity. So you cant be completely naked wearing a monitor and event  if I have the monitor off as I did this morning when I showered for the first time this week, I'm still wearing patches for the leads to click into. It's like I am wearing pasties which seems a little erotic. I'm doing okay I just hope this is worth it.

No comments: