Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Slipping



I don't know if it's retirement, age or a long life with this ability but I feel I'm slipping, becoming soft am looking for the easy way out. Snow fell during the night, not much less than 2 inches but enough fell to cover everything was frozen whiteness. Of course the snow is followed by freezing temperatures. I was listening to the radio this morning at seven o'clock and the high of the day had been reached and it was 27°. Shamefully I must admit I was happy to hear my friend David, at Assist, Inc. canceled this morning board meeting. There was a time when I did not think twice about suiting up and headed out to a meeting or function I was supposed to be at. I even look down on those able-bodied folk who did show up to a meeting most likely because the weather.

I prided myself on making these events but nobody else did. Perhaps, it was the only way I look better than other folks, maybe I needed this false illusion of my validity and vitality. Now however, and retirement, and begin to see things different. I still have guilt for missing meetings that I could've made but elected not to go. I'm a volunteer now, just a ghost of who I used to be. I make the decisions for I will go.

Yesterday I left my tablet at 211. I called 211 on the train on my way homeTo have my electronic found and secured. I told the operator I spoke with to give the equipment to Sarah who I'm sure will take good care of the device. Now I just have to man up, Dress-up and headed to the city to pick tablet. I had almost decided to blow off my workout session today but I really would like to get my tablet . It is a shame how dependent I've become.


So, I need to get dressed get something to eat, warm, head out into the storm, snow. 

No comments: