Tuesday, December 31, 2019

All's Well That Ends Well!




The technology bogies are still with me. However, not as bad as before. Interestingly, this last night 2019 as I turned on the computer after a day out doing my New Year's Eve celebration of going to a couple of movies and being out in the world for a while, my computer would not boot. I suspect that something's been going on the last couple weeks and I should've been more cognitive and done something about the issue. However true to form on the eve of the major national holiday my computer decided to go down. As I said all is not lost because I booted up my trusty dusty laptop that I got from Mark Anthony earlier this year and after a few minutes of finding the right chord, plugging the court in and then, with held breath, waiting to see if the machine would actually boot… It did! I don't think I've been happier for a long time then rejuvenation of this little laptop. In short time that I've owned the little beast I've nearly destroyed it and I appreciate it hanging around for these emergent situations. So my DragonDictate is working and it looks like I can get online so I'll be able to post this last document of 2019 I'm pretty excited.

This last day of the year I managed to take my broken chair into the shop. It's cold today, really cold, I actually wrapped my legs twice once with the quilt that Dianne gave me for Christmas And on top of that I dragged my woolly red jacket. I was truly dressed in layers. I was going to try is going to try the newVia program since its postal work in the area of the wheelchair shop. I couldn't figure it out so I just drove my chair over to the shop. My mechanic was working and no time was back on the road all systems functional. I did call the taxi service via and it worked perfectly on the way home except for taking me to what I thought was a Trax station turned out to be the front runner and I would have to wait in the cold 50 minutes for the next train. I called via again got taken to a bus stop that would take me home.

It's New Year's well tonight's New Year's. I really wanted to do the new Star Wars. So after checking in at the apartment – – by the way still no heat which was my best excuse to spend the afternoon at the movies – – I left a message on the managers door and caught the bus south. Of course the movie I wanted to see not beyond for another hour and a half so I decided watch “a filler movie”. Nice piece of animation and then Star Wars. It was good better than I thought it would be still confused with the timeline and seemingly powerful ability of the Skywalker's to bring people back from the dead. Quite a to take in.

When I got home the temperature inside my apartment was at 63° 2° cooler than when I started out this morning. Obviously everybody else got their heat except me. That's okay, ill get fixed. In fact when I went down to checkout the lobby I ran into the residence assistant, I was still dressed in my outside togs she thought us dressed that way because my apartment so cold. She brought back the heater she took last week (BTW I ordered a new heater this morning I'm pretty excited). Some feeling pretty good, the heater's been working for some time now in the front room area is pretty warm. I've got coffee with booze in it, I'm able to finish my last posting of 2019 and my wheelchairs fixed I think that's a pretty good way to end the year – – there are so many other issues as well that I'm happy about perhaps the most is my re-communication with my former life still best friend Dianne… Happy new year everyone.

No comments: