Wednesday, January 01, 2020

Beginnings…

  


I froze all night long. Well I really didn't freeze but I seem chilly I didn't sleep well. Maybe he was just knowing that there was no heat may be feel that lack a heat was significant. Then to begin the new year unbelievably jinxed when I turned on the light at 6 AM to get up get ready for my home health person somehow I blew a fuse or trip to breaker switch lost all power to this part of the apartment. Most importantly, the electric bed. I was stuck. I knew the assistant resident manager never sleeps past 3 AM she's always up. I was hoping my home health person would come early today for a change but that didn't happen so I called Irene R A who came down and try to figure out the fuse box. Annette showed up just as I sensed the R A Is reaching her point of civility. A 90-year-old only take so much stress at 6 AM. The fire department was even called but they didn't have to do anything because Annette fixed switch to flip the switch restore power to the bed. My goal for the first day of this year is to get nine full battery which is fitted onto the bed which will provide an emergency power source. I'm not going to go through this again. This is great right? This means things can only get better for the rest of the year. We shall see.

My desktop, my beautiful desktop computer from PC computer but I got a couple years ago has been ailing for a few days now I should've been more attentive but I was not in this morning, finally, a little brain refused to boot. Up until this morning looting had been more or less hit or miss but usually, with enough patience I've been able to get the system to boot and at least be able to get out to the Internet and rents of my software specifically DragonDictate and OpenOffice. I would like to have access to my one and only game but I can live without that and actually write the second I'm using my broken laptop which is functional enough to dictate. So I'm doing okay. I don't know I'm getting it is printed if I need. Of course the blog I don't print but I still got my standing three letters I still have to write print and mail. Worst case scenario I load the letters either to the cloud or some form of thumb drive And print the letters with computer upstairs in the computer lab. This is a pain in the butt but I've got pain in the butt so I guess I'm used to it. My butt is been tender all day I don't know what the issue is whether it's leftover trauma from the nonfunctioning fit box are my pants are baggy leaving creases in the class that bruise my butt assumptions there some trying to be careful today. Not much going on outside after all it's a holiday, the buses are running and it's snowing or snow during the night more snow is called for night so I think I'll just lay low for the next couple of days next my butt and enjoy the apartment. They did supply me with the heater (which I kind of think might have had something to do with the tripped breakers). Right now it's in the 70s so either the little heaters work in its butt off or they've got my heat again either way the unit is much more enjoyable than has been.

I'm feeling upbeat as I begin this year, regardless of all the challenges I faced the last couple days. My son is supposed to be over today sometime See if we can figure out the desktop and how to go about rebooting. I added a couple kilograms in weight over the holiday amid 106.5 kg so now got back to work with. I meet with the dietitian on January 7. Now, I'm off to enjoy my bright shiny new year.Will


No comments: