Saturday, March 26, 2005

Blogs

NPR ran a great story about these guys who have written personal encyclopedias. I have been pondering the idea all day. What an interesting idea . One of the folks interviewed indicated that her life was not really interesting but it was still, a life lived and those following her would most likely find her (less then exciting) life most interesting. I love getting hold of pictures old and new showing “instants” caught on one media or another. What fascinates me is seeing part of the image which was not necessarily meant to be in the picture. Things like the buildings in a old parade picture, wall decorations in old family photos, books on tables. I think these encyclopedias would be the same information related to the reader which was not necessarily meant to be let out. I suppose you would start with the letter “a” and fill out everything you could think would pertain to your life beginning with the letter “A”. Like A=Address. I would list all my addresses. 602 South Latah, 2101 East Bergeson, 201 E. Fort, Kartcher Rd, 160 Canyon Street,Rm 122 Chafee Hall, Boise State University, 1814 Boise Avenue, Apt C, then to Garden City, Poctaello, Iona, Blackfoot, Salt Lake City and now Murray. You can see I have left out many of the street addresses lost to time but if i pondered for a while I bet I might remember eventually. Boy, the letter “F” would be interesting putting down all the old friends I have had. This could become a very long document. I think blogs are like this to a degree; snatches of thoughts caught at the moment you sit down to write. I blogs are the new webpages. I had and still have a website but blogs are much more convenient, a boiled down version of the website—a website for the common person. I am not sure how blogs will survive, but a sure they well, one way or another. If the blogs gain some form of permanence then they will be a peek into the persons life. I imagine that before too long blogs will be come more video then written and be more interesting then ever.

No comments: