Thursday, March 03, 2005

Sunshine in my Soul

Look at the sunshine in this image!! This was taken just a few moment ago—I don’t know of if it is the plain brilliance of the sunlight or the figure ground effects telling me the position of the sun rays hitting my desk means that Spring is round the corner but something is making me feel good as I look forward to a very long day. Even the fact that lift in my van is dangerous to my self and is totally unreliable and unpredictable...I don’t care because I know things will work out because there is sunshine in my soul today. Whew, I had better move away from my window. I may be getting vitamin D poisoning.

That’s better. Anyway, the van saga continues. I picked up the beast yesterday after work. The van guys tell me there is really nothing more they can do, the wheelchair lift is ancient, parts for the lift are no longer being made, there is a wire harness on the inside of the lift, an this wiring is being pinched which is causing some of the switches on the lift not to function. I did speak with some folks I know over ay Utah center form Assistive Technology (UCAT) these guys have a fabrication shop. Lucky for me UCAT is located in the same office as the meeting I am attending at 12:00 today. So, I spoke with the folks at UCAT yesterday afternoon and they are going to look at the lift and see what they can do, if anything, to keep it running till I can get figure out something else. I may have found a lift, which might work. I’ll just have to see what I can negotiate. More to come…

No comments: