Wednesday, March 09, 2005

SMILE


C200 Posted by HelloUnbelievable. I did this great blog entry earlier this morning and now my computer has eaten the damn file. I know I saved the sucker—I saved it twice on media an on the hard drive. I have had this happen to me before. It’s no where and on top of that my digital camera is no-longer saving images. It’s a machine conspiracy aimed at me. What I have learned over the years of working with computer and other electronic data saving devices it best to know when to let go. I bet I have spent literally days trying to recover data. In the old days I was pretty good with my Norton Utilities I could always find the whole file if not bit’s and pieces of the document round the hard drive, enough so I could piece the document together. Nowadays, however, I am not familiar enough with the newer OS’s to even run a bootlegged data recovery software. So, what I have learned is to just write the damn thing over if it cannot be found or recovered with in a half hour’s time—and that’s what I am doing now. I’ll have to finish when I get home but this is a restart.


<>So as I was saying, the media will not register images. I know the media is good because I can save data onto the media(64 MB Compact Disk) but for some reason the camera no longer will write. I really do need to upgrade my camera anyway and I could go out this evening and get a camera 3.1 MB or so and not be too stung, financially. But, the fact of the matter, mis I really like my little HP C200 1 MB photosmart. Cost me about $300.00 four or five years ago and I have really enjoyed the device. I have adapted my gnarled disabled hands to work the camera adequately, the new one are so small I don’t know if I could operate them. I suppose I can learn and I will le1arn over time but, I just don’t look forward to having to do so. Actually, there are three or four such cameras on ebay right now for about $10.00. I bet I could get at least one of them but that is so much work and the C200 is old technology.

I came home and traded memory cards and sure enough the camera worked just fine. What is weird is the card I changed is one that would not work a month ago, this card acted just like the one I changed go figure. I wish I was smarter. So at the end of the day all is good. I spoke with Justin at Mobility Solutions and he is going to look at my wheelchair lift and see what he can do to keep it going more to come...


1 comment:

riptideselkie said...

if it makes you feel any better my best friend is totally technology cursed. her computer recently at her essay twice for no apparent reason. not all of it mind you, just large blocks. also i lived with her a couple months one summer and there was one phone in the house that whenever she walked by it it would start ringing ( no one on the other end) but none of the other phones in the house would ring. makes you won't about appliances in general.