Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Hooky


Hubcap found in the road on way to the train. Posted by Hello

I really hate missing work! I missed work today because I really felt sick during the night plus I heard a storm raging out side my window. My wheelchair lift is really broke now and I cannot use the lift independently safely. So, I dreaded thinking of motoring up to the train station I the rain or snow. So by the time 4:30 a.m. Rolled round I was sure was too ill to make it in. I have tons of sick time accrued and I am going to loose a lot of the time. So I figured I would use eight hours. It's Tuesday and the end of the month, calls have been slow and Cecilia is always trying to get rid of me so I know she would be ok with me being out of the office so I called in sick. My ten-o-clock my stomach had settled down and I really wanted to get my van into to the shop too get it fixed. I need to have the van dependable by next week. I Have to drive up to Ogden to do an in-service at the independent living center there and to meet with the center's new executive director.


I was showered and dressed by 12:00 and I had Dianne help me load my self into my van and I drove up to Mobility Solutions. I dropped off the van and came back on the train. I had to do it—drop of the van. In a sense I was doing work behavior, I had to have the van ready still I felt guilty. In fact I am sure that I will be called into the bosses office tomorrow. I had a couple of random honks while I was out on the road. I am sure one of the bosses kids or business associates. “Hey I saw Mark to day in his power chair rolling all over Sandy” Yep, I am a dead man. Tomorrow snow or shine I am going in.

Hooky

No comments: