Friday, March 11, 2005

Carriage Cafe


cc Posted by Hello


cc1 Posted by Hello

Too strange! I have been working in this section of downtown for about four years and I thought I new the restaurants pretty well.` As soon as a new place opens I get over there to check it out. I look mostly for wheelchair accessibility; this is what is most important to me. That is why I was so surprised yesterday when I was cutting though the Triad Center and low and behold stood a restaurant I had never seen before. The Carriage Cafe. This place is just a block away from my office and looks to add a great new place to go for lunch. It's not that I go out that much for lunch but I do it a couple of times a month. We stopped by the Carriage on the way back and toured the facility. It's great it has two stories with an elevator, a perfect place for group or business meetings. The basic lunch and dinner fare is sandwich and soup but they also serve a breakfast. The only draw back is they don't open till nine in the morning and they are closed weekends. The Carriage Cafe is just a block away from the Delta Center and the downtown End of the Line for the TRAX. I am truly surprised the restaurant is not open on the weekends especially during the summer with all the events happening downtown and the Gateway Mall. It seems to me the place would be perfect for a weekend dinner and glass of wine before or after one of the many downtown concerts. This would be a great option.

I took off after my DDS meeting today about 2:00. I had a couple hours to use so, I did not banking an shopping and came on home. Looks like a quiet Friday night.

No comments: