Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Going Home


Ramping up to go home Posted by Hello

The Director is out today, she has to attend to family business so things are a bit relaxed round here today. It should not be that way but human nature: what can I say? It’s weird the second you know the boss is going to be out, no matter how much the boss is loved, a collective sigh of relief heard through out the office. People who had just light coughs yesterday call in sick today too ill to work. There are quasi-bosses running round the office and there is structure things continue to get done, especially with a big media event happening tomorrow. I imagine things will be busy all day when the boss gets back. It’s not like the boss doesn’t know. She sees the sick logs and she can see when “sick days” spike on the same days she is out. It’s not like the boss can never take time off. She certainly has earned it. I don’t think I have ever worked for a boss who has worked as hard for consumers as this one has. She has taken lot’s evening and weekends going to all parts of the state and country doing her job. So she has the comp time. I know I would take if I had it rather then loose it because I was afraid the office might go to hell if I weren’t there. You cannot let your staff hold you hostage. They will you know I am one.
Cecilia called in sick today. I have been back here by myself—it been a quiet day ten countable calls not good but not bad either just ten calls. Rain was actually falling pretty hard this morning as I left for work. I caved and brought the van in. This means I have to drive the van home. I hate to drive but I have to so here I go...

No comments: