Monday, March 07, 2005

Like a Deer in the Headlights

I am really trying to be good and write this blog on my own time and not on the company dime, especially since I got flashed last Friday. It difficult though, I have my best thoughts and energy during work, or right after I get I get there. Oh, well here it goes—it's 8:00 in the evening and I am home and inside. Finally, I left my keys on my manual wheelchair at the office tonight as I was rushing out. The keys to the house or on that set of keys. Dianne had to work late so I had to, patiently, wait out on the porch till Dianne got home from work. I imagine I looked pretty pathetic; hunched up in a ball, my head sucked into my leather jacket, like a turtle trying to conserve heat. In fact, my Neighbor, LeNay, passed me as she went out on her walk, then passed me again on her way back. She came back with a blanket and tossed the blanket over me. I was not as cold as she thought I should be for being out like I was but I was and am grateful. I hate it when I lock myself out. I will be locked out of the office till someone gets in with a key. So, tomorrow I'll have to go in later then I usually do, wait round and look th fool. I guess I needed to be humbled.


Staff meeting today, every Monday at 8:30—probably the most unproductive two hours of my week. I usually don't mind, I doodle, sketch other staff, and look attentive. But today was a bit different, we have a fairly new staff member who has a lot of power in the office, she is like right under the E.D. She(new staff member) is quite power house, a real thinker, she has this weird habit thinking up something, then you(me) half way agree that the idea is a good one then for get about it. The new staff member, however, thinks , somehow, I have volunteered to implement the idea or project. So this morning when I am half way through a doodle the new staff member asks for my update!!! I look up tharn as a deer in headlights and stammer a believable excuse. Luckily, the project is sort of time sensitive and cannot be implemented effectively for another week. This incident was a great heads up though because I know I would not have done a thing not realizing I was supposed to. I must be getting rusty I usually way more together then this.

No comments: