Monday, March 06, 2006

Found!







I am sorry the past couple of posts have been so confusing but with one computer in the shop and the other system lost I just have not been able to write regular and have been truing to recall bit and pieces of the trip—actually I wrote those posts Saturday morning before my desktop was taken the repair shop to be “nuked” and “reborn”. So we have been system free all weekend. No emails, no writing NO BLOGGING!!! The non-blog issues have been the worst for me to endure. But I survived. I spoke with my friend and computer tech Josh this morning, who told me that my system will be done this evening and I should be able to collect tonight after work. I still will have to install all the software I plan to run on the system. This will be a bit dicey since FOX is running 24 tonight two episodes.

Also, Sunday morning, yesterday we got a call from Portland DELTA calling to tell us they had found our laptop! This, of course, is great. I was actually having Dianne save me the tech advertisements from the newspaper yesterday. We were just about ready to call son, who handles our home owners insurance to start the process of turning in a claim. I started a folder of computer advertisements to start my new quest for a laptop. I had formulated a plan. I was going to get an inexpensive system fast enough to run anything on the web I might need, a burner would be nice but not necessary since I have one on the desktop enough memory to edit my film attempts but basically I could link up to the Net via the router on the “big” system. But now this is all moot with Portland call…we must have left the laptop in the over head storage, during the trauma of my wheelchair and the over all stress of the evening coming home. We had the caller make contact with UPS who has an over night delivery for $40.00 and hopefully we will be up and running by Tuesday. There is till the issue of “Why did the desktop loose it’s connection with the InterneT?” The lost connection worries me a little but not much—what worries me more is reinstalling all the software on the machine especially my Word software, backed up as much as I could with the technology I had available. I will be OK.

More images from Philly…

No comments: