Friday, July 28, 2023

Another friend Bites the Dust

 


Another day which got away from me it's almost 11 o'clock in the evening and I'm just now doing my blog. I was trying to figure out just what I was doing wrong that my time got out of control period( something has changed with my tablet and I've lost the ability to in my sentences with a period as opposed to tablet writing period but it knows I need to ask and this period.. I could go through and make all the changes as far as the periods go but I'm just too lazy tonight it's too late period I hate the computer when it does that just changes something in the middle of something period.


I really didn't do much today with the exception of cutting the watermelon which I did this evening just because it's been teasing me all week long period I take the cheese and slice it up in the pieces they'll have to eat with the melon and that's going to be all right period I wish I could have found a smaller melon this one's pretty big but I did cut it up eat about a quarter Maybe then wrap the rest up and put it in the refrigerator hopefully I'll be able to eat it before it goes bad. Other than that I spent time reading outside and trying to survive my power chair which continues to freak me out because it's losing its ability to serve me. I tried to contact the wheelchair shop but I can't get Cameron to return my call I don't know what's going on. Pisses me off that's for sure. I did finish one novella and there's just one left in the volume I'm reading right now that's encouraging. It was a pretty good story though I enjoyed it. But like everything else I'm trying to read this out of my power chair that won't let me configure myself to where it's comfortable. I may just have to start looking at seriously using my backup chair cuz this one is just beginning to hinder me totally. I'm even beginning to wonder if I'll be able to dress myself in the coming days.


I was mildly surprised to find a fairly good friend of mine passed away sometime this year. I don't know when or what month exactly but must have been relatively soon. One of my other friends posted His image on the Facebook. I worked with this guy in one of my groups and I was at the Independent Living Center and he was on the board of directors for some time. In all honesty I thought Greg had passed away years ago. I tried to contact him when I found out he was in the long-term care facility but you kind of ignored me so that was the end of that later on I sort of understood he was in rehab at this long-term care facility and couldn't break away from what he was doing to visit with me it was still kind of shocked they didn't acknowledge my presence more. I taking the bus to get there and it was a summer day it was pretty warm I don't remember if I was in the power chair then if I was still pushing it's hard to remember sometimes. I feel this is a really poor posting today but like I said the day just got away from me and all manners of the word let's shoot for a better posting tomorrow

No comments: