Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Wishy Washy Rain Day

 Seriously, the only thing productive I really did today all day was my Wednesday wash. It was usual I had Melissa carry the clothes down to the laundromat and throw the clothes in and I started the process as she was leaving. That sure helps a lot. And I was trying to be focused so I was going to try to finish reading my novel and watch the clothes at the same time. I went down and threw the clothes from the wash into the dryer and started the process and I did my usual thing of putting the quarters for the second wash in the slots and not thinking anything more of it. Then I went back to the apartment actually I went out to read my book. I was kind of excited they were supposed to be possible showers and thunder showers later on today but sometimes prepping getting ready for that to happen can be quite exciting. So, I did my reading with an eye to the sky. The afternoon wasn't this active as I would like to have been but eventually the clouds did seem to form up a little bit and there was a little wind not too much. What was really weird that during that time that I was reading I went to start the second dry of clothes to make sure they would be done by 3:00 when I could fold the clothes during Marketplace. It was really strange when I got there my basket was gone and so is my stick! I thought that was really weird and Jennifer wasn't in her office she was gone for the day where was my basket and more importantly how was I going to get at home once I did the second dry. I figured well I might as well get the clothes dry so I hit the plunger in the quarters fill in to the dryer and I started the whole thing. But I was just totally shocked because my basket and my stick was totally gone!


With nothing more to do I figured I might as well go back to the apartment drain my bladder then go out and read some more. I was taking it back when I got to the apartment there with my basket and the stick sitting on the floor. Somebody had taken my wash and dry and put it in the basket and dropped it off at my place. I was a little miffed but glad to have my basket back but a little worried that the clothes would still be damp which is why I always do a second dry. These people just took the clothes out and and took him to my apartment. I'm sure it was the best intentions. And luckily for me when I did check him out later on that afternoon the clothes weren't too damn and I was able to fold the clothes and hang the shirts as I usually do that was a blessing. It's a shame that I ran that dryer for no apparent reason though. Cuz I didn't check to see if there was clothes in there I just hit the plunger and started the machine. I'm still wondering who it was and I guess if I really wanted to I could check. But right now Jennifer and some of the staff are acting a little weird I don't know if it's at me in general or just what it's kind of strange though. So anyway I'm going to be somewhat scarce for a while and see if things blow over. I don't know for sure but I kind of think it's something to do with the coffee social and who's running it and who's not running it and all that kind of stuff it's really turning into a mess. I should learn not to get involved in this kind of stuff it always comes back to bite you in the bottom. I figured I will go tomorrow at least a part of the coffee social make sure it gets going and then make up some story to head out, I do have the cable guy coming tomorrow to see if the install the cable. That's a whole nother minor issue that I've got to deal with. Something doesn't seem right but at least I'll be able to watch television without having to filter everything through the computer. It's actually cold tonight and today I had Melissa take the top cover off the bed so I just have the quilt and the sheets hopefully I'll be able to stay warm tonight. I did finish the novel The Tom Clancy and started the new Stephen King but I kind of think I've read it sounds and feels real familiar in some ways. Sigh, I'd like some good science fiction if I can find it…

No comments: