Friday, July 21, 2023

A Bomb




 The hot days continue but I decided to do something I wanted to do and not be forced to keep myself in the shade or cooler temperatures of the apartment all day. It's Friday and that means new movies at the theater and today Oppenheimer started. I'm kind of fascinated with the whole atom bomb thing but I also have fascinated with the playlist and characters in this particular movie. So, after Melissa was finished with me dressed and ready to go like rolled over to the bus stop and waited. The 217, the Redwood Road route, runs every 15 minutes so you never have to wait long the only problem being there's a bunch of construction beginning in my section of the street which means bus drivers may or may not stop because of all the orange cones in the street and there just isn't a place to stop. I don't know what I'm going to do when the construction gets worse. I think this work is only supposed to last two or three months but that's so they going to take up the rest of the summer that's for sure. I Will Survive.


I really didn't have any breakfast to speak of just some nuts in my tomato drink so I picked up the next bus and stopped at a hamburger joint and Chow Down. I still had almost an hour before the movie was supposed to start being seated which means another 20 minutes after that for me to run the previews so I had more than enough time. I stopped over at the dollar store and got some boxes of theater candy then I got my tickets. 


I got my customary Red Vines and a drink this time. I hate the sizes of the drinks cuz they're just huge and so I never finished them but I got some fruit punch with ice. I would have liked some popcorn but I declined figure I was doing enough damage to my body as it was. The movie: Oppenheimer is beautifully filmed I'm sure it's going to be up for a bunch of awards when the season comes due. But I just never really got into the movie maybe it's cuz I didn't understand it or I wasn't sure what they were trying to portray or trying to say I just didn't get it. Truthfully the thing was boring to me but I sat through the whole thing hopefully if I can it was going to get better it never really did. However like I said conceptually the concepts were interesting as far as quantum mechanics and some of that stuff how they tried to visually show that but that was almost as confusing as the others. I didn't even recognize some of my favorite actors in this movie which I thought was kind of weird. There are actual other people in the theater with me which is rare anymore but I was totally shocked when at the end of the movie someone actually clapped! Like I said somewhere along the way I got thrown off the wagon I never got back on I don't even know if I could sit through the movie again even though it would be free to go to. It was the old Jews and communist fears that seem to be underlying in the movie. I really don't know who the good guys were are the bad guys just flew over my head. Maybe I was tired I don't know but I don't think I can sit through it again but never say never and these are hot days…

No comments: