Sunday, July 02, 2023

Some Like It Hot

 


I just finished watching Beverly Hills Cop number 1 a silly piece of celluloid starring Eddie Murphy back in the 80s. It's hard to believe that was 40 years ago! Kind of fun time for me as just transitioning into this area a new life and a new job. Gone in the blink of an eye – – I'm just full of clichés tonight. I've had a fairly busy Sunday compared to most. I had a great breakfast with Mark and the kids and then I took myself to another movie. I enjoyed this will be much better than the one I suffered through yesterday. I went to Flash, a superhero in the DC universe. In some ways it was kind of embarrassing watching DC trying to catch up with Marvel. In fact the movie was kind of complicated, trying to follow the storyline was a lot more work than I wanted to do on this Sunday. Where I found very interesting was the through all the superheroes from DC at your one time Batman, Wonder Womann and who else I don't remember. I was kind of glad the movie ended I was freezing my butt off from the air-conditioning want to get back into the summers heat. This a couple more movies like to go to this month. I think I'm finally getting into the groove going to the movies a regular basis hopefully. I still think it's a financial deal.


Couple of days ago I mentioned to my home health person, Melissa, all much I liked brisket and it would be fun to do a brisket someday. Melissa then proceeded to tell me how her husband the chef was always cooking brisket at the house and she had the brisket Stacked like cordwood in the freezer and she would bring me some she can remember. She remembered on Friday morning yesterday evening I tried it out and sure enough it was great brisket! I've enjoyed a couple pieces so far. Trying to stretch The meat as far as possible. In some ways this brisket is better than that served at the deli except that Melissa's brisket doesn't have any of the crunch outside that the deli does.


So tomorrow begins the real holiday week. I don't know I will but I might get a watermelon to have on the Fourth of July. Not really planning anything for the holidayExcept to enjoy myself in my apartment, read and maybe taking a movie or 2. I also want to experiment on my jalapeno gazpacho

if I can get one of the big cans of pickled peppers open. It should be a fun holiday. It's night now My apartment is hot I have yet to start my air-conditioning. I hold off as long as I can sometimes running it just a my guests and staff—I like it hot…

No comments: