Monday, July 03, 2023

Holiday Illusion


I totally believe the days are special in a holiday week. Today's 3 July and tomorrow course Independence Day, the great and wonderful Fourth of July. Of course I'm not doing anything particularly special besides my ongoing illusion/fantasy of that I will be doing something special a cookout, socializing with friends, enjoying a hellacious fireworks display. I think the most I will do tomorrow might be going across the street and getting either watermelon or pieces of watermelon, maybe some potato chips and returning to my apartment and then dispatching on the streets as my celebration the days of independence. If I get really ambitious, in the afternoon, I might take it yet another movie. Went to a movie this afternoon which was kind of fun. I re-watched the Spider universe, that's not the actual title but it's the animation piece of Spiderman executive par of another movie similar which came out last year. As I said I watch this movie a few months ago and I was so exhausted whatever I think I slept through most of the movie. I kind of remember the sequence of action but it was all new to me basically. I liked it much better than then the film I caught earlier in the week Asteroid City. The 1st time I had company as it other film viewers in the theater with me. Kind of made me feel human.


I did not have the stamina to sit through another movie so I collected myself and headed for the exit. I did not have any popcorn or beverage to leave behind. No treats me, just a movie on my Free pass. I know it sounds a contradiction of terms but I did not have the stamina to wait for the bus to take me home. I made one diversion on my way home stopping at a little bodega/Mexican market to get a camera of sliced pickled carrots. This morning my own health person actually cut up one of the cans of pickled peppers my daughter sent me last month. I'm totally excited but I needed carrots. I was kind of surprised that the Carrots was a little bit more than I paid for at the big market across street. I guess that makes sense to some degree.


I mildly excited regarding the upcoming holiday. With the exception of chips and watermelon and set. I even have my Netflix queue integrated go as well as Disney plus If I need to rely on my old favoritesFrom the Marvel universe. Of course I'm right in the middle of a spy kind of novel written by somebody by the 1st name of Tom a giant in the genre. My kids stepdad loves this guy and I too do some degree. The book I have now sure lasted throughout July. I don't mind going back and forth the places on our chair but I must confess traveling during his days even with protection tires this old guy out. The company is watching some selecting a Netflix and return to my novel…

No comments: