Saturday, July 15, 2023

Sticky Rice...Very Sticky!

Another hot day though nothing like the Heat and some parts of this state which is well over 100°. Today I think was only around 98 or something which is Toasty no question about it but not enough to keep me from doing stuff- - if I really wanted to. As is I'm happy with just doing the basics and spending time in the shade dozing and reading. Perhaps the biggest thing I did today was run across the street to the Macy's Market and purchase a couple chicken breasts, Deep Fat fried, to use in making some Frank or something that nature. I've got a package of jasmine rice that I use tonight. I don't know if it's the rice or me or what- - is probably me I can accept that- - but I washed the rice brought the rice to boil then added the rice soon thereafter taking the rice aside covering up with a( I don't have a lid that fits the the saucepan I used)). Then I went out and read for an hour or so came back in the fluff up the rice and it already begun to like turn to mush in parts of the rice. Like I said I'm sure it was something that I did but I chose to use the rice anyway and fried up some onions and a can of chicken meat, I decided not to use the breast of chicken just too much work. And I went to the process of Browning the the onions and the meat is best I could then dumped the rice into the mix and tried to cook off the extra moisture and fluid and make it edible. I of course will plan to use a lot of soy sauce. I totally believe soy sauce can fix almost anything especially white rice but I would have liked the kind of rice you get in the restaurant however. But I opened the whole bag of jasmine rice that should be a good package to practice on. If I have a pile of rice made it's easy for me to eat that during the week like when I make six or seven hamburgers and have them ready to go at any time works out really good.


No one's available for breakfast tomorrow and I think I will use the time to sleep in if it's possible and possibly cook some breakfast here. I have a green pepper and the rest of the onion and if I were to cook the sausage like sausage squares I learned that last quarter might be okay some breakfast food to have at hand if I need it. Other than that the days go in fine. I'm finishing that Tom Clancy I've been sweating for the last couple weeks. Jennifer dropped off another Stephen King yesterday, I don't think I've read it but I'm not sure we'll see. But I'm set perhaps the rest of the summer for reading.


I'm a little worried about Marc Anthony coming back from Oregon with his car. It seems to be of having some challenges. I must admit however he's doing a great job keeping things going like that. I like to think that I could never do that but he swears that's where he gets his skills is from some innate ability from my gene pool. I find that kind of hard to believe but Mark's pretty smart I'll have to think about this some more. It's the 15th kind of like halfway through July which also makes me think halfway through the summer if you want to use the three months protocol. Even if you use the four month quarterly concept we're closer to the end of the quarter then the middle of the quarter. Soon, soon the days will shorten to the point that they're noticeable, the overheating environment will get back in line and we'll make the transition during fall. And summer will be gone for the year. I'm hoping I get to see another…

No comments: