Saturday, July 29, 2023

BLT Delight




 I'm really getting concerned about how non-functional this power chair of mine is becoming. I don't know what is happening to the motor which actuates the Tilt in place mechanism of the chair but seems to have burnt out or is burning out. This is the part that stopped working earlier in the week it had me stranded for about 40 minutes before it started working again but not as efficiently as it was before. So the Tilt in place motor Plus the foot box elevator which does not seem to work it's making it almost impossible for me to dress myself in this chair. I've been charging the other chair all day and hopefully I can transfer into it maybe tomorrow if not tomorrow then by Monday and then just put the full court press on IHC to get an appointment to get the chair picked up and repair it as soon as possible. It really is frustrating and a little painful on my butt. I just hope I'm not developing decubitus sores.


I spent a good part of the day working on August's letters and basically got most of them dictated I still have to print the documents and the envelopes and stuff the money into the kids letters. I realized that I don't have the change I need to stop the letters. So in an effort to get some change I went to the market in hopes that with my debit card I could get 30 extra dollars or 3 $10 bills. I just about got that when I couldn't remember my password that you got to give him when you get change back at the market,grrr, I actually tried last night but did not purchase over $10 and so I wasn't eligible but even had I purchased over the amount I still wouldn't have been able to produce a workable password. I have such a problem with passwords I hate them but I guess they're a necessity. Fortunately, the first of the month is not until Monday or I think Tuesday which gives me time to get to the bank and get the currency I need for the letters. What's nice however to get most of the project finished. The envelopes is always a chore but I think I can get them done tomorrow.


A couple of weeks ago I spied a number of pieces of meat in the throwaway section at my local Macy's Market. Two or three packages of bacon for $1.50 each and this is thick bacon plus some Jimmy Dean sausages packages. Our froze most of them but I left the bacon out to use and today I've been thinking about BLTs and how good those would be. So in an effort to get the $10 bills needed I had to go by $10 worth of materials at the market to use my debit card which I did but to no avail since I couldn't produce my password. But I came back and started dinner and sure enough I made bacon tomato and lettuce sandwiches. I wish I had more cutting skills the tomatoes were little chaotic in their cuts and the bacon was pretty thick. I cooked the bacon crisp but probably should have used thin bacon but I still enjoyed my sandwich which I served on toasted bread. I had to forcibly hold the thing together while I ate it I was able to consume all of it without it coming apart. It was a perfect Saturday night dinner

No comments: