Thursday, July 27, 2023

Procrastination!

 Today was the apartment inspection day when management walks through your place looking for issues and problems that need to be repaired. It's very non-confrontative situations but everybody acts like it's like semester finals. I even got a little bit of the paranoia last night when I had my home health person come over for a couple hours of apartment cleaning, which I really needed but have not been able to get to. It was the deep clean it was pretty superficial but still looks nice and I think management was okay with what they saw I wasn't too worried about it anyway. I do need to spend some time on some issues that I really want to get cleaned up before the end of the summer, going into the fall and winter. But I was so pleased with myself after the inspection I went right out and caught a bus to the theaters and watched Oppenheimer again and true to form on the second viewing the movie made a lot more sense. I think I may have slept through the first time I watched the movie. I don't know if I enjoyed the movie anymore the second time around but I certainly understood more so I guess it was worth the second 3-hour investment. I was talking to a friend of mine who also had gone to the movie and kind of felt the same way. He hasn't seen it twice but is thinking of going to it again. I'm only out the time since I have that plan that lets me to go to as many movies as I want to for just $20 a month. In fact that's why I went to the movies in the first place was to clear up a problem they were having on charging my account. Somehow, when I switched credit cards the movies didn't get put on the new credit card so now I had to get that fixed so since I was there and nothing really else to do for a hot summer day I decided to watch the maker of the atom bomb one more time.


The biggest issue of my day was after I got home from the movies read for a little bit I decided to tilt back and watch the 5:00 news before I worked on dinner. Now in my power chair as you all know I can lay in the chair almost back to horizontal position. But, tonight when I did that to watch the news I heard a small crack, which I often do when I lean my chair back, but then I realized when I was trying to adjust my seating position my chair wasn't responding! Luckily I was in such a position that I could still get the hand control to at least Drive the chair around. It was just the seating position that for some reason was no longer taking input from the toggle switch. This is the chair that I've been having problems with and I've been trying to make my other chair functional enough that I can use it to give up this chair to the shop to be worked on. However I've continued to drag my feet on that particular issue and tonight probably it was too long and now something really has gone wrong with the chair. I ended up calling Mark Anthony who was going to stop by after work and actually load me from this chair into the backup chair which should have a charge in it and ready to go. Only problem is I'd have to deal with this other chair over the weekend which is super long and maybe even longer actually cuz I'm going to have to wait until I get an appointment and they can come out and pick up my power chair. I was okay I could get around and finally at some point I kept fiddling with the toggle switch on the controller and fortunately I was able to get my chair back up in the upright position and seems to be working fairly good right now. I think if I'm careful I'm okay for the rest of the night, I canceled mark coming over, and we'll see how I feel tomorrow morning about trying to use this chair over the weekend as opposed to having Melissa load me into the backup chair for the weekend. It may not be a bad idea to do the backup chair just because I need to get used to it when I give this chair up for repair. By the way it's immensely frustrating and kind of spooky. I mean even if I have my cell phone with me and my chair quirks out who am I going to call? Mark Anthony seems to be forever away and my brother is kind of Aging as well. I just have to get it done it's all there is to it…

No comments: