Tuesday, November 29, 2005

FOX SUX




I have been good and I have been faithful all season long but last night FOX ONCE again, screwed me. Just pisses me off. I have been watching Prison Break (PB)all autumn. I cannot say I have enjoyed the program but the program has beer interesting. So, I figured I would finish out the season get the brother taken care of and then cross the program off my viewing list. Actually what I feel is the best part of the program is the subplot of the vice-president’s involvement and the two FBI type goons who are out of control killing anyone interfering with the VPs plans of world dominance. The violence and social slumming one is exposed to in the program makes the show really untenable for spending time with—least wise my time. Sorta like 24 blood and guts and veins in your teeth stuff every week. The intensity of this program finally is over whelming but I digress. What pisses me off is that the stupid programs ends with a stupid “cliff hanger”. I could sense it coming midway through last night’s episode when there were way too many loose ends to be finished in the time left. Sure enough 3-2-1 minute and Fish is holding his head in his hand about ready to cry saying he cannot do it…and dorkhead T-bag is mouthing off and the season finishes with a stupid clif hanger!! FOX really should have more balls! They clearly have a good program, lots of folks are sucked in—the series stands alone and on it’s own merit. FOX does not need to rely on cheap tricks to make sure the audience stays tuned over the holiday season. Yet they do. I know I should have been better tuned into to “Spoilers” and other PB blogs and I could have picked up on this. But, I do not have time it was enough to allocate one hour as week . I really believed it would end.
I really thought FOX had learned their lesson with 24. FOX tried that I think the first year but I think this really pissed the viewers off. The had pretty good series conclusions there-after when folks complained.
I have noticed the FOX tends to do a similar trick on their News at Nine broadcasts. This cheap trick is to give you half the story and then let you know the rest of the story will be broadcast twenty minutes later in the broadcast. They even do this with then Weather you get half of the weather at the first of the show but then have to wait till they are on the other side of the hours to find the forecast. I don’t know if FOX is alone in doing this kind of cheap weather reporting and story reporting but sure irritates me.
Oh and one last thing…I am tired of FOX “salacious” weather they seem to go out of their way to tell you there is going to be much more weather drama then there ever is. I used to hunker down and ready for a massive storm of any kind and their storm predictions always peter out. Some time I really miss my expanded cable.

No comments: