Monday, December 17, 2007

Seasonal Questions

I have noted with interest an increase in emails on our Groupwise account. The increase in emails is almost like many folk have waited till the end of the year to catch up on their emailing for one reason. Of course I am I am anticipating the increase in email use due to the Christmas/holiday season and many sending thinly disguised official “State” holiday greetings. I am also seeing what seems to be s surge in ‘retirement” functions which, I guess, would naturally lead to a flurry of job announcements. And I really don’t care about this activity , one way or the other, except when the email comes through the system to my machine and I am in the middle of another project the project momentarily will seize my system throwing me off. I hate this.

With great relief I was informed that my Santa Services would not be needed at the staff Holiday lunch Thursday. I have been dreading this event ever since the boss came upon the idea after I informed her that I was doing Santa at the local Independent Living Center(ILC). I doubt I would not be so reluctant to play the elf if I could dress myself in the outfit—and this is not as issue at the ILC because my old buddy Kim does the honors at the old ILC. Her at the Council it’s quite different being the only male employee and again its not as if I will be disrobing of my regular clothes to put on my red suite. The Santa Suite I use is just pulled over the clothes I am wearing but I would have to have one of the women in the office dress me which would be awkward at best. This would just be weird.

No comments: