Thursday, December 06, 2007

Lost and Found

I was on a call when I got a call from the university rehab department secretary Pat. I knew she had news, i just id not now if it was good or bad news. Actually, it was good news: my wallet had shown up!! It was being held in Security and I would have to show up with at least one form of ID to claim the wallet. Pat also explained that I had to get to the university security as soon as possible because the wallet was in a safe and the safe could only be accessed by the head of Security who was only there in the morning.

I finished my call and talked with my boss who indicated that I needed to take off and get my stuff--this of course would necessitate a ride up to the University on the train, time consuming but It had to be done. I put on my coat and cap and was gone. The train I needed was pulling out just as I got to the station meaning at least a 20 minute wait. So I cooled my wheels at the Galvin Center. The day is over caste but not too bad. The University train finally arrived. I dozed on my trip to the U-Medical Center.

I had not had time to charge my chair before I got the call so I was blinking on y last light for my whole trip. I knew I would make it, one way or the other, the blinking red just makes me nervous. I finally found the Security Department( ac cross from the Pharmacy. The Security Department is of course will hid and the door is of course locked. I knocked on the door and finally some little security geek answered. I gave him my sepal about who I was and showed him my state ID as well as my transit pass. he slowly eye me up and down then informed me that the corporal was on a "call" and I would have to wait outside of the door until her returned. How Barney Fife.

The Security Office is sandwiched in the back of the Pharmacy waiting area. rows and rows or people sick and dying waiting to have their scripts from ER filled. kids crying, wives weeping and battles going on next door in a social worker's closet office. some guy from mental health ward was shipping out but his social work forget to bring some paper work and left him sitting next to me. Soon the guy from "Psych" was stretched out laying on the floor. I just sat still and hoped no one would see me. Eventually the "top dog" showed up and handed me the wallet, I signed and was one. Later in the cafeteria I went through the wallet everything was there except the cash which was disappointing. Cards, photos and license was there. I got off lucky, I actually got the wallet back $25.00 is a small price to pay.

No comments: