Thursday, December 27, 2007

Vacation Grind

Its been a while but it HAS been Christmas but the fact I have just been lazy. I need to write these ‘blog home up-dates’ in the morning because one I get going on the day I get busy and by the time I am back at the computer I am too tired to be any kind of creative.

We have received tons of snow this Christmas and the cold temperatures to go along with the snow. I have been pretty much staying inside and keeping a low profile. The snow falls have not been as hug as the weather guys suggested they were going to be but the Christmas mood was here because of the white-stuff. I made a few long distance calls, the obligatory ones but for the most part laid low. Dianne went over to Ani’s to assist her open her packages. The “Christmas Morning” has been a tradition since Anakah was born. I have gone when they were at our home but I have not been one for going over super early and watch one kid , but this helps Dianne enjoy the even. I am old and cynical—Bah Humbug!. Dianne was home by 12:00 and we ‘nested’ the rest of the day watching old movies and answering the phone. Not my best Christmas ever but OK.

It has become a tradition with me to take the week following Christmas off mainly to keep my Vacation from being ripped off from me by the State. I never do anything, I am a bit of a bore and down deep in my heart I think I would rather be at the office. We have the granddaughter for the next couple of days and already I am going crazy. I plan to use the stress to motivate me into getting socks on and actually leaving the house to go out and purchase a novel that I can escape too for the remainder of the year. I would also like to get a decent pair of head phones. I have a card for Compusa, and I should use the card before Comp. shuts it’s door for good as I under stand they are going to do.

I’ll be taking my van, yet again, tomorrow into the shop to see if we can get the motorized seat repaired. It intermittingly stops an trapping me in he van until I can get the seat operating enough to get in my char. Justin thinks it might be a short or something, hopefully the fix will be simple and inexpensive. But, today I am going to escape to do some shopping for me and try to enjoy some of my vacation.

No comments: