Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I Hate Vista Part 2

I was told by the bookkeeper here that we have a little extra money that we need to spend down so when we go to our funders we show them we really do need more funding, The boss asked me to spend a couple of thousand to get our budget levels more in line.

I have for some time thought if my operation only had a lap-top we could take with us to the various presentations and conferences we participate in through

out the year we could and show the people who stop at our booth or information table our website and how he website can benefit them or their consumers. The “Salesbank” page on our website is one of our strongest features people are always impressed with the “Salesbank”

We bought a system, an HP notebook. The system is nice and I have just got round to unpacking and getting the system to function. We bought the system from a vendor in Chicago which means I am on my own as far as back-up goes. The system came loaded with Windows VISTA WHIOCH I SPECIFIED THAT I DID NOT WANT! The sale guy yold me that all the systems ship with VISTA but there is a disk for XP Windows and I just have to install XP Office. I even saw what I thought was the software when I unpacked the notebook but I cannot find the software anywhere now. I have been busy the first part of this week and I hope to do a more formal search tomorrow but already I am getting nervous I may just have to live with VISTA after all but I sure don’t want to.

No comments: