Monday, June 15, 2009

Amazement!

Mark A, Bridget and Gabe were planning on coming over this weekend, Saturday to mow the lawn and work on the yard. I have never had all three of them there working on and round the house at the same time. But as my luck seems to be there was a huge downpour on Saturday making doing anything in the yard without fins near to impossible.

Mark and Jasmine did come over to the house, just the same just as the clouds burst weeping copious amounts of cloud over the area. Mark was trying to get some work on my yard done before he was scheduled to attend his 10 year class reunion. Mark noticed his car acting weird, stopping due to dead battery. Mark was hoping that the problem was a issue with the battery itself (but the battery is less then a year old, or maybe the terminals just needed a good cleansing. Mark pulled the hood up and pulled off the terminals and jumped hid little red car with my gigantic white fan. He and Jasmine loaded but ended up calling from my local Maverick station needing a jump and maybe more Would I come out and help?

I of course responded that I would, after all I have been suffering a bit of guilt over the past two summers from mark being so diligent in cutting our grass as he has. He was not far from our local Smith’s When I got to were he and his van were parked he asked if I could or would take him over to AutoZone (AZ). Now, I know about AZ but I have never rally gone to the store because I never work on my own vehicles…or any one else’s for that matter. Autozone—there place where I noticed all the guys in Industrial(auto) Science ended up selling or working in some other capacity. The place where the parking lot is full folks working desperately on their vehicles with parts they had just purchased. Mark had deduced that since his terminals had just been cleaned and the batter still was not charging that the problem had to be a faulty alternator. And it was.

It was about two or a little later in the afternoon but felt much later since the thick carpet of black and gray clouds overhead made the time feel much later then the time actually was. Mark went in and minutes later returned with a shiny new alternator rebuild. I ferried him back to his vehicle on the side of the road and parked my car just be hind his so Mark would not be hit by right turning vehicles. Mark changed out the new for the old alternator in the next hour. I was amazed. I would not have attempted such a task, even if I had my hand and was able bodied. I just do not do well with this kind of stuff. I always end up with my screws then I should have and then the item still will not work. I can barely get by on USB technology, and Mark can whip something like this out and still make his class reunion. I wish I could somehow take credit but I can’t. I was doing all I could by watching Jasmine and keeping traffic at bay and away.

No comments: