Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Mom Died Today

My mom died today. It was a long time coming and a relief to all especially mom. The last couple of years has been difficult on the woman with pain, relocation several times and being s Senior Citizen in America. I have written mom every week for the past couple of years, ever Wednesday, I have been able to get a letter, usually 250 words at least , double spaced, size 14 font. I am including the last letter I wrote today. I did not send it.

June 17, 2009

Dear Mom—The rain seems to be relentless this year; thankfully the over all temperature is cool but not cold and I have been lucky enough not to be caught out in a down pour. I have been sprinkled on but not drenched.

Well, Mom, looks like we are getting toward the end of this life. I am sorry to see you go but I think you are tired and hurting and need a rest and some quality time with Dad and grandfather and the others we know and love. The last couple of times I have called I don’t think you have been able to talk or understand that it was me on the phone.

Mom, I just want to say thanks for everything, for adopting me when no one else would and loving me and caring for me all these years. Sorry I have been such a hand full especially the wreck-I know we all could have done without the wreck. But, we did get along anyway. But we have a lot of good times though, birthdays, Christmases, family reunions Thanksgivings and New Years Eve celebration, but not many of those. We just did not do much New Year’s stuff. Thanks for ALLTHE MEALS, washed clothes and school lunches.

Farewell, and go with my love and tell everyone hi!…love eternally Mark

3 comments:

Linda said...

Mark, what a beautiful tribute! And just so you know, we have your letters to Mom saved for you in a box.

Rachel B said...

Great Uncle Mark. I am sorry for the loss, I am glad Grandma is in a better place now. I don't know what else to say, but I am glad that she is with Grandpa now.
Rachel Ann

Leah said...

Yes, Mark you have been the only one of us kids that wrote Mom every single week and I know she looked forward to getting those letters and loved reading or having them read to her. I appreciate you being so faithful about this. This tribute to Mom couldn't have been any better. Thanks for all your thoughtfulness.
Love ya, Leah