Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Medicine in ther Hood

Its hot outside. Its over 90 degrees and I have jus come in from being out in the community. I was n so much pain last night from my sore throat I had to call into work, again, sick and I had to get myself taken care of. Of course when I called into the office Bonnie told me not come in the rest of the week and I am almost ready to take her up on the offer, but feel I must get in atleast to return calls.

I was shocked when I called my doc at the university, my physiatrist, who I was given to believe was going to act as my general practioner, but I found would not do regular medical stuff like colds and sniffles. One of the reasons I decided to change my medical provider in the first place was the physiatrist would provide all of my support. So much for that idea, Anyway, I wanted to find a doc in rolling distance from my home. So Dianne went to work and found me a couple I want to consider plus she found me “Insta-Care” who would get me into day. The “insta-care” was not far from my home where I can easily get to the office in my powerchair and then to the pharmacy there after.

The “Insta-care” experience was OK: the usually filling out forms proving who I was and showing I had insurance. I did not even have to wait too long had I gone to my old practioner I would be waiting for at least an hour. I had a P.A. who seemed to know what she was doing and was very attentive. I was kind of impressed at how well I was treated at place. Yes, I would go back. The P.A. noted I had some liquid in my right lobe. She came out of the corner swinging and decided to aggressively attack the problem—indicating in most situations she would have waited a week before starting me on anti-biotic and wrote me a script for the “Z-pack” of the big guns in her arsenal. The P.A. also wrote me a concoction for a oral pain killer which should help me get some sleep.` Cool. Then she asked me if I needed a note for work, which I don’t think I did but got one anyway. I was loaded for bear.

I headed straight the Shopko pharmacy, the same I went to last week and I have come to believe, this particular pharmacy is staffed by aliens. Don’t ask me how I know this I just do. All of the pharmacists heads are slightly misshapen—you have to look closely but if one does you can tell. It took them atlast twenty minutes to fill my scripts so I did recon on the store…again. Made some sill purchases and hung out in the “Electronics “ department watching movies until I thought the aliens had filled my scripts. They hadn’t so I waited in line with all the other Tuesday Medicaid , seniors.

So I am almost well. /Dianne slammed the drugs into me as soon as I got home. I can feel then doing their stuff. I will feel better soon… I can hardly wait.

No comments: