Tuesday, June 09, 2009

New Projects

I had lunch today with my buddy Stan C. Stan is a young para, who just happens, I found out over lunch, to be my son’s age, 33. I really got to know Stan during the 2002 two Olympics when they were held here in Salt Lake City. Stan and I were both working out of Olympic headquarters—I was doing information and referral and I don’t know what the heck Stan was doing but he was usually mulling round the floor when ever I was up on phones. Stan now is working as video-ographer and doe some teaching at the University level here in Salt Lake. I have been trying to get hold of Stan for a couple of months now and finally we got a meal scheduled over at the Rio Grande Restaurant. I wanted to talk with Stan about video and his ideas since he actually gets paid to do this kind of stuff.

We had a great meal at the Rio Grand the famous Mexican restaurant with life size paper Mache of the women in a taco which hovers above the bar and I really think we are going to come way with a doe able, project. Here is a guy whom actually knows how to film and edit and best of all contacts in the field. I have a record of broadcasts, I can find the people, set up the broadcast and bring the broadcast off. So what we briefly spoke about of doing something like 13 or so episodes of people with disabilities along the Wasatch Front. We have decided that we will keep away from the ‘super crips’ and focus regular everyday crips and most likely ‘spinal cord’ folks who were once able bodied and hen through trauma or disease process has become disabled. We figured the other disabilities have already been pretty well covered: blind, CPs, autistics but people with physical disabilities have sort of fallen between the cracks.

So this could be a fun new project. I think getting funding for this project might be do able and if that could happen could we actually a company doing this kind of work. I really think there is a need for this kind of thing and who know it might be fun and might be the new invention of myself.

No comments: