Thursday, June 25, 2009

Life Goes On

Some folks say it’s because of the death of my mom and all the funeral stuff, family and general mourning but I have come down with some sort of cold of flu, hopefully not THAT flu. I just hate being sick in the summer especially now weather has finally decided to cooperate with the season and we are finally experiencing some hot weather at least for a little while.

I am home today the staff at the office sent me home after I became symptomatic yesterday at the office. I did feel feverish, I was coughing more and I apparently appeared flushed. I showed up mainly to send Tory—yesterday was Tory’s last day. Tory took today off( all the more reason for me to be at the office.) I was supposed to have a broadcast this week and I really did not want to cancel. We sent out to the Red Iguana for lunch and I started thinking what kind of dope am I? Staff is partially demanding I leave, go home and rest and not to come back until I am healthy so why not? So I called Dr Nakao, my scheduled guest for this week, who was more then happy to reschedule and I was out the door on my way to a glorious five day weekend.

So today, I am hacking round the house, sniffing but actually feel pretty good considering all things . I am really sick but it is also summer and I thing being sick in the summer, in some ways, is much better then being ill in the winter. It’s going to be 90 plus degrees so I am going to go out in my power chair and recline out on the deck and let the sun bake the poisons out of me.

No comments: