Thursday, June 18, 2009

Three Days

So it ends and so it begins. With mom’s passing there is the gathering of family coming together to pay the respects to the ‘senior’ family member. The family, who remains in Boise, who has done the lion’s share of care for mom since her relocation to Boise and final days of the cancer will be having a get together at the funeral home, there in Boise, probably Relyea’s. It’s will not be a funeral, just a viewing and a remembrance then the group will excuse themselves to the closest Chuck-a-rama. One of mom’s favorite places to go, where the illusion of more is better still applies. Sisters from out of state are going to Boise a and then I suppose coming to Utah for the service which will be more of a real funeral.


when I spoke with Carl, my brother who is sort of ramrodding this whole thing,he asked if I had access to a volume of poetry and thing my mom wrote years ago but I cannot find the poem anywhere. I also need to put a few thoughts together of what I remember about mom, I suppose. Carl said he needed the information for the life sketch but then I spoke with him yesterday afternoon it sounded like he was not going to talk with me again until Monday which would be to late for anything I might put together but I'll still throw something together.


We have been cleaning the house, folding clothes and getting ready for family, just incase. I have to admit i am getting a little excited at the prospect of seeing some of the family. This morning i actually woke feeling that if I thought I could trust my van to Boise I would have driven to Boise for today's events. There are many of the brothe's and sisters I will not see--and I will miss not seeing them at this time. But reality sucks.

A storm has blown in today, another storm--yesterday was great almost like June should be, better weather is expected next week. I started this post three days ago. Its been one of those slow motion weeks.

No comments: