Thursday, August 06, 2009

Booooo!






I actually catch the train a good distance from my home and thank god, that is not a problem. I am able to get to either of the train stations easily with my power chair. Since the first of the year I have been using North of my house, this station has been fairly documented in earlier posts from round the first of the year. Going to and from the station each day I pass a very small neighborhood which is a left over from the old community before that area of Murray was turned into an industrial area. There are still a couple of homes which are still inhabited but one can tell the world has clearly passed them by—but one of these structure is clearly no longer lived in and does not seem to have been lived in for some time.

This house sits next to a house which is still lived in. The vacant house is a ghost house, a Stephen King house. The house used to give me shivers each time I pass, morning or night. I don’t notice the place as much in dead of winter since there is no day light when I pass the place. However, in the summer I see a lot more of the building and see the weeds and wild things growing round the place. Some times I get the feeling there are things going on inside I cannot see but surely can see me. I get the feeling if I could just get inside I would enter a completely different universe.

No comments: