Saturday, August 15, 2009

Questing for Egg Foo Young

Thunder and cold air greeting me on waking this morning. There is cold air but not too bad...certainly warmer then days to come. I want to do some Asian cooking ad a few other dishes which is forcing me out, again into the world before Monday morning. I really want to cook some egg foo young as I remember egg foo young...we shall s.

I think I have rambled on about how I cannot find egg foo young as I remember egg foo young served at the House of Louie a great little gone restaurant which lived in Boise at one time. House of Louie, I think was owned by Fong Brothers, and they served anEgg Foo Young with green peppers, onions,celery, been sprouts and eggs. The pancake was fat not think and sparse like the egg foo youngs I have been served for the past ten years here in SLC--it could be regional but I doubt it. So, I wish to recreate the dish and today that is my quest!!

No comments: