Thursday, March 18, 2010

Adorable


]

I posted yesterday, the post was not a long one but I did post and some were along the line Blogspot lost the post; granted the post was a short one but still I wrote it and went through the motions—I hate it when that happens.

Well, today my boss and I finally started acknowledging the “elephant in the room”: what will happen to me if in fact I loose my funding come July.

It was weird talking about this lie talking to someone with terminal cancer about what kind of casket they want. We briefly talked possible options in the “worse case scenario” would I consider working here or there? I am realluy amazing myself to see that am sort of choosey about where I might work. I am actually considering only places where the building is served by public transit, that I have faith in the organization, and that continue to be able to work ”tens” I really love my three day weekends.

I have to admit my boss is going to bat for me or my office speaking to the directors of the funders who support my program to get them top commit to funding me for another year. Claire is good at this kind of stuff it is Claire and if anyone can find funding it will be Claire. I currently funded to the end of June so I have some time, less the 90 days, but lot can happen in that amount of time. I have started putting out feelers, testing the waters seeing if there is any interest in an adorable, bald fat guy.

No comments: