Monday, March 22, 2010

Something I Said?

I hate doing the numbers--the numbers drive me crazy it's all about the numbers and accountability. Seriously, I spoke with the guy who used to have this job (JT) who now lives in another state and is developing his own information tech company because he got laid off few months ago. we were trying to figure outmjust what went wrong with this operation. I can blame alot of things,economic down turn, state down turn, poor community saturation etc, etc and always the cause sort of comes back to me. JT says that is absurd and I rally appreciate that but all I know is that the numbers went South after I took over operation. So tomorrow, my boss will be meeting with some of my funders to see if we will have an operation after the fiscal year ending in July.

I have this specialized software which kind of keeps track of my number or is supposed to. I think mit is OK software and it DOES report exactly what it is asked...I just need more calls. I want to blame the INTERNET but really, I think it's me.

2 comments:

John Cantrell said...

Mark,
What you are going through is pretty typical I think for individuals facing a lay off. Grieve and recrimination are to be expected. Grieving for yourself and a possible lost job is human. Unfortunately I think recrimination is also human, but it is wrong. It is wrong and it is a lousy mindgame we do to ourselves. It is not your fault! The economy tanked, things beyond your control went wrong, but you should not blame yourself. Hang in there. You will overcome!
John

Meadowlark's Mind said...

Thanks for the encouragement, it's very much appreciated--but you're right I am just goung through the steps.