Monday, March 01, 2010

SyFy in Blue




Yesterday my grand daughter, Anakah drug us out Avatar. I have been wanting to go but never had the will but with the drive of a nine year old the decision was made. So we sat through the movie, almost three hours of noise and wonder but I was a little disappointed . I don't know if it was the storyline , the fact the guy in the wheelchair want not a real gimp or the financial outlay, which was not that much since Ani's parents contributed a twenty dollar bill to the project.

I love science fiction, I love science fiction and Avatar definitely is science fiction but maybe a little fantasy and a whole lot of special effects--but it seemd there was just too much for this movie or maybe it had too much reference to the old cowboy and Indian motif. I am glad I went, especially with Dianne and Anakah--it was fun to get out and mix-it up with real people on a almost Spring Sunday afternoon. I just hope I am not loosing my need for SyFy.

No comments: