Monday, January 31, 2011

I'll Cry if I Want To




It's birthday week, more specifically my birthday week—the middle of this week I will turn 60 years of age. 60 years is the first birthday which really has rattled me. All other celebrations of my birth have been just regular birthdays; maybe a party, a car maybe some money,maybe even a party. When I turned 40 and had the party with black balloon party I laughed and thought cute but really did not have an impact on me, the same with my 50th birthday although in the back of my mind I was doing arithmetic 50=1/2 100 anyway one looks at it but still life, family and work was keeping me busy but this birthday is something all together different. Perhaps with all the medical stuff I have been involved in the last couple of years, perhaps with the more and more things I have had to relay on Dianne and other to assist me with my mortality is becoming more and more real. Friday, my latest round of medical tests came back. High cholesterol, I have never had high cholesterol before now I do and I am having to really watch what I eat, and how much. I may be having a party but I'll cry if I want to.

No comments: