Friday, May 20, 2011

The Week that Was

The week of work has finally passed and the weekend has started. I really wanted to write more but the office is actually getting busy with more stress on me to be more active in my job preservation campaign I have admit am getting into the process even though the efforts seem some what counter productive. So,its Friday and I here I sit finished with a lot of the household cores and some of the homework I chose to bring home.

I am home alone, the baby has not been born yet. DD is over babysitting bridge until Gabriel gets home. Yesterday we got the bad news the transmission in the van was gone and we had better get the transmission repaired or we would be out personal transportation. We took the van to the cousins and he got us a deal of $1800.00 and who knows how much more when all is said and done. Luckily it seems like we have a little bit extra but those funds are kind of committed to roof. Nothing ever works out the way one wants. I am sure we will go by. I just hope the van has enough life in it to justify the amount of money we are dumping into the beast. Today is wet and cold, will warm weather really ever return? The weekend looks to have just one day which will be semi-dry and hopefully enjoyable and maybe some drying out of the territory the end of next weekend which is also a holiday weekend.

My butt has finally healed to the point I can stay up all the day without being in pain. I have gone to hslf days at work—which is fine. I surely have the “sick” leave accrued. I have been coming straight home from work and actually going to bed to get the weight off my rear which seems to have worked. Now, to keep the skin break down away, pressure release, pressure release, pressure release. This morning I also contacted my physical therapists and scheduled an appointment for next week where I can further discuss and detail my needs. I need to some solutions done to my power chair will make my life much more bearable, have a closer look at getting a cushion which will give my butt more protection and get some much needed strengthening and stretching. I would eve like a dietary consult with some food ideas for meals which will assist me in some weight loss. If I can get some of these issues addressed now, I should have a much better summer and remainder of the year.

So, now, I am just waiting for a call from the shop to let me know if I will be a prisoner at my home or will I have personal transportation. I could use public transit but it nice to know the van is here if we need it. The van being drivable I also imperative for watching Aunakah if and when her brother arrives.DD terribly wants to be at the hospital and part of the process. In fact I found out from Mark A's face Book that Jasmine had her tonsils adenoids removed and tubes inserted and that is just alright by me.

No comments: