Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Just aying Around

So, it's Tuesday of my week in bed. I have to be down until least Thursday, when I go back to the doc and see  about how well  my butt is. . There is just something not right about having to be in bed when you feel great. I wish I could to get a better outlook on this butt healing  project but it's been difficult for me to do ; I should be thankful that I am not in bed months and months on end like some of my quadriplegic friends with
decubitus sores. Still it's spring and I would like to be outside enjoying the warm weather.
I apologize for  the  lack of  posts to the blog. Between the drama at work, and the going to medical appointments , and then having to  be on bed rest I just haven't felt like writing, and in fact if not for the dictation device on my tablet I would not be posting now . I just hope I'll be able to cut and paste this post  into my blog.
Yesterday, was my c t scan. Dianne drove me  to the hospital and hung out with me while I was having the procedure done. I was scheduled to have the procedure  at 1015 in the morning which means I Had been fasting very long time.  I was hungry.
Morning traffic was uneventful, Monday morning people going back into work. university hospital also seemed to be waking up from a long  weekend. It was not a problem finding parking ,I was surprised , luckly for us, radiology seemed to be a pretty systematic operation of the hospital, the people were ready for me and I went right in for , procedure  as soon as I got there . They  grabbed a couple bodies and hucked me on the ct machine and pulled down my pants and got  the machine going,  you know the way it goes : the tech situates , your body then runs and hides behind the lead partition. Then the tech instructs you how and when to breathe by the use of the voice thing to take  deep breath hold it  then  exhale-- three minutes of  this and I was all done and it was the bodies again throwing me  back into my chair squared a way and sending me on my way.
Since Dianne had been fasting with me, we  decided to stop along the way an have breakfast.
We stopped at the Other Place restaurant.  We both enjoyed the place for some time, since we both used to work in the area of the city. the place is simply a Greek restaurant, serving breakfast all day long and have all kinds of  food to choose  both American and Greek go to choose from . All the food is good so it doesn't really matter what you choose. ' This place used to be a working man,s restaurant /university hang out /good food cheap place But Dianne  and I both noticed the prices seem to be creeping up word : to bad.
When we got home, I had messages on the phone waiting for me, one of which, was a report from chemical work, I had done on the blood pulled the other day. Surprisingly, the report was not  bad, most my levels are okay . I'm low ?on some but most should be taken care of with over the counter drugs. I just hope the CT turns out as well.

No comments: