Saturday, March 31, 2012

Slowly, Back to the World

March 29th Thursday

I am again University of Utah , for a follow up of the medical valuation I had last to Thursday, I've been down now for nearly a week. Really anxious to get back up into rhythm of my life. I think I'm okay but my doc well have to check out my butt, so I get back to work. Seriously, I'm just too healthy I don't think I'm going to be able to swing a medical disability at this point in time. I guess I should be happy about that but it also means having to deal with trying to find employment the last past July 1. perhaps I'm being late night but I think I can do it I can do some work for me interstate system so keep me in benefits up until next February.

I finished the follow up with more scripts and orders for more down time and she gave me samples for testosterone therapy which I have been avoiding but now I will try it/to see how well the testosterone will heal my butt. If the process is not too traumatic and if the gunk is helpful maybe I’ll continue the therapy. It is all still a lot of stuff to try to absorb.


March 31, 2012 --Saturday

It's Saturday morning, the wind has picked up brisk and warm before the next storm, which should be in tonight sometime. The cold of course will return with the cold front but as the weather guy says “ its spring", but I've been pretty good this week, had been down in bed waiting waiting for my body to heal. I could not do without my tablet, you just said to say how much my life revolves around electronic devices, social networking and direct entertainment from the Internet. In this morning, I started the dreaded Hormonal Replacement Therapy (HRT). This stuff really frightens me, the directions it come with the boiler jelly sounds really scary. I have to rub the jelly on my shoulder were nobody else will touch it let it dry, put on the T-shirt and make sure that no one touched the T-shirt until it's washed. It's really spooky how lethal is the stuff.? But this morning, I guess I was up for a challenge. I was really lucky and pleased when Dianne helped me. She donned plastic gloves and went to work smearing the stuff on my shoulders . I let the stuff dry the 3 min. called for the T-shirt that was it. Now, let's just see what happens. I'll be surprised that the change is as positive as my doc and other reports think. But I have to try it, at least, for the two weeks that the doctor wants me to to see if we can toughen the skin get me past this time skin breakdown.

So, back to work on Monday, and as they say, this is where the rubber hits the road now. I have to really start putting the press on finding another place to work in State. Supposedly, a number of folks working in the background to influence this choice, of finding a place to work. I of course want to find something I can get to easily on the bus route or on TR a XX(I almost changed that, but then I thought looked sort of cool), and the organization of the State I can deal with, I mean really I cannot see myself working for an organization that I loath. Having written that now, I have to say if the location in the building was sort of cool I would consider the place special till just after Christmas, or February. February is the first date that I can retire. I guess also I need to start dragging stuff out my office. This is going to be a job maybe I'll just throw a lot of the stuff away. I hope the next couple months pass with little pain.

No comments: