Friday, July 06, 2012

Like Charlton Heston looking for his Israelite’s.




So ends the first week of work as a ‘loan out’ to the United Way Information and Referral service 2-1-1 and though the experience has been a bit tedious over the experience has been good. I am still in a training mode and have only been able to answer a few phone calls. I think I am looking forward to getting back in the thick and answering more calls and more disability calls. I think I am going to like this assignment, more then I initially anticipated. I cannot yet answer calls on my own and when I am answering phones I am being listened to with someone on a separate headset.


Last night as I was at the downtown station waiting for my southbound train I came across a person with some disorder which seemed to be making him catatonic to some degree. The guy looked impressive to me, he looked like a Moses casting some sort of spell. He reminded me of Charlton Heston looking for his Israelite’s.

No comments: