Sunday, July 01, 2012


This been weird weekend--but like Stephen King weird but weird like "hang time" weird. Remember in blogs past, I have talked about the time between Christmas and New Year's as hang time, a time when I usually took Annual Leave and just stayed home out of the cold and away from danger. There was a lot that went on in my office over this period of time, at the end of the year. The homeless stayed in their shelters are homes, landlords did not seem so to evict and nothing was happening to the first of the year anyway. Most civil workers were on annual leave and join their time. So nothing gets done except the office is open, calls are fielded and sent to voice message, the more industrious catch up on files while others struggle to look busy. Have found myself in this occupational limbo this last week. However tomorrow should change that as I return or start work in my new office. I feel a little bit like starting a new class at school after having moved into a new district. I feel just a little cautious.

DD decided to paint yesterday afternoon and so I was up late "helping" DD paint. I did this by keeping the music going on the big computer not that duty but I felt I could have been far help it had been able-bodied I often feel. I have to admit DD did a job though now the challenge is to just finish up. Of course the area which needs a painting was the kitchen primarily in the cooking area I use out by my stovetop. Both ranges are covered with customary as the paint quest goes on. So this morning, after we have a pretty good sleep, we went out to breakfast out at Denny's. I used to in different at best about Denny's as a restaurant. Now the have become more and more prejudiced towards the establishment and I hate to have to admit it is my own elitism that is doing this. I am so embarrassed that I have these feelings but it is so. I mean the place for I would like to,Moe's but butMoe's is a working-class grease pit, full of old 60s weirdos… Like me, but the locals like me. Denny's is just too commercial and strange. What are the things I ordered for breakfast was an order of onion rings, they just look good so I ordered some and they were bad I (prejudicial) believe the oils, the rings could've been better. I would much rather had two maybe three onion rings and held me till my order came. But no, have to order a whole set of things; I have been tempted the past couple of weeks with restaurants from there in the stacks untouched food left on plates on tables across from me reaching over and grabbing a handful of onion rings or French fries. But that would be too much like a Seinfeld episode. But I do think that would be good to have the ability to choose a very few almost a sampler to get you through your meal.


So tomorrow starts my new work, I feel I should be taking a bouquet of pencils. My butt is tender and I have to be careful Frank has me frightened that I don't have enough sick leave now but think I'm okay. I'm going to write it out and enjoy the best I can.

No comments: