Friday, September 14, 2012

I Love Fridays

It's Friday and love Fridays. I know this sounds trite but it's true. Your just something about the feel a Friday, after you've worked all week that says it's time for today arrest it's time for something different. Even though don't even a rough week, like this week has been for me, I wake up and I feel today and I know today is Friday and I know it's just gonna be a good day. This is of course the end if the 13th or 14th week and the new position at 211 and half the Biltmore globally united Way. Yesterday, was 1 other major annually events: capital Day of Caring.
 
 Day of Caring, event which  engulf  the whole city it is a major event that targets low income folks and private number of it into these that need a little systems or sprucing up of their living environments.   Donated staff from major corporations all don identical t shirts and do manual labor 4 to 6 hours and all the time chaperoned bye staff making sure photo ops are harvested and by lines developed. There's usually morning breakfast get some service told lunch offers the capitalist participants but a good feeling prevails over everything. I have to admit they've done some good work for the years . I just I'm still amazed at the amount of energy wrapping up to this event took.

Everyday for the past couple of weeks there has been emails and memos covering Everett5from t shirts to transportation. The staff are all young idealists growing older with each new event. I was not sure how I was to fit in with the Day of caring event. There was mostly physical stuff which needed be done and I would more in the way then help. Perhaps if my batteries were in better shape I could have helped transport boxes or something but I would have spent most of my time on the charger. I did elect to assist with the wrap up party at the end of the day. I did not know what I could contribute but I could be a team player and I would be a team player if it killed me.

The day started out with a kick off breakfast, which I have blew off thinking I did not have to be involved until the late afternoon. I did not consider it important to be at and I headed directly into the office as I would any day. I was not prepared to be the only individual at the office telling all the office would be closed due to the event. I went and got ready. I was getting really concerned at 10 minutes to the time when the phones would be turned on and it was only I on the floor. Eight minutes later my supervisor walked in with doughnuts, rolls and other lite breakfast stuff. The rest of the call staff wondered in the next hour.  The calls were heavier than I expected for a Thursday, especially disability line, where callers leave a number and expect me to get back with them. I found out later my attendance at the wrap party was not essential and I elected to say in the office and return calls which I did for the remainder of the day. I missed the Rah,Rah of the summer or fall  and I am OK with that I hope they are OK with me.

No comments: