Sunday, September 23, 2012


Lost shoe on the showroom floor

Struggling to stay in recliner

 
 
I don't know why I wait so long that I do, my waiting to do some work before my passive aggression, and have been told by more than one source, one good source that I tend to be a little passive aggressive. Anyway, I finally decided to start making changes to my power chair, changes it really need to be made before the snow flies and I started out with replacing my slick, warm, drive wheels with the puncture proof inserts, to be done this past Friday. Now, in order to do this I've first must request and then have that request approved for the off time from my job. I chose Friday just because it was Friday but I also chose Friday because Friday's tend to be a light phone day at 211. I thought this may be some more noble and increase the probability of getting the time off.



I have found that requesting time or anything special is a process kitchen the basis. I don't think they care whether they're not frankly as long as I go through the process e-mail the super and add the approved time on the all staff calendar. Now, that I've learned to do this not just: last moment that I'm ill be off that day things seem to be going pretty well. I got the time off – – I asked for two hours first thing in the morning knowing that the procedure will probably take double that time. I was a little nervous about my new provider. This will be my first time in going to the provider for some real work on my chair. So with a little excitement, and trepidation, the coffee closed my usual time on Friday morning. I don't know what I was thinking because my regular time would actually get me to my destination about an hour and a half before the operation actually open for business. So, I was kind of review a coffee shop or something nearby as hang out ideally with Wi-Fi connection but no way my providers right in the middle of an industrial section South Salt Lake and so I had my tablet in my chair to occupy myself till staff showed up. The morning was warm more or less, clear with the smoky haze, I cruise the neighborhood a little looking your document try not to be too obvious that I was casing the joint.



The provider open the doors at 8:30 AM it was interesting watching staff coming to work. I was sort of blown away at the amount staff my new provider has. Let me in a little after 8 AM because I think they're a little worried about me just hanging around out front. Those a little concerned that is a new client does have start from ground zero provided everything, identification they wanted the information on my chair purchase date and history I can get it – – but most importantly they wanted my insurance card and provider information, which is cool, but I knew my provider was not going to pay for any of this work I need done Friday so I could not see the great necessity for having all that information today, and getting on with the work. It was only after I assured the representative that no this would not be insurance claim but that I was prepared to pay for the work done, today.

Of course, I sit right above the drive wheels which need to be changed out so I knew I would have to transfer from my chair which I hate to do any kind of public place because of my chair I look like such a worm! They have warned me this would be the case that I would have to vacate my power chair and would I be able to transfer by myself because they couldn't help me – –HIPPA you know. Now I have to admit to some satisfaction that sense many of the durable medical joints have started selling the standing chairs transferring at my old age has become less intimidating. Still, out of my chair I am a worm. I am just glad that my pants remain on more or less during my transfer. There have been times when I have not been so fortunate. Yeah, so there I was in the recliner and I picked a recliner with the fabric that I hoped was just rough enough to prevent me from sliding out. But once I got in the chair I was okay more or less provided you do anything stupid like start a spasm storm. I had worn the shirt long enough that even though my pants did significantly slip I was relatively modest. I have been thinking about this a lot since the event what if they have a special room where you can dismount your chair and lay there like a grub with some relative privacy? I was laying or" sitting" right from the whole store – – I mean people who walk in front of me to get to the cash register for service area.


Well needless to say I got the job done cost 250 bucks that always hurts but thankfully for minimal savings and control credit I got new tires. Now, I have to look the batteries which I'm shooting for next month this time the bite will be for 500 smackaroos.!!!

No comments: