Sunday, July 21, 2013

Clothes Optional





I'm coming out. There I've said it. I'm coming out of the closet and admitting that I'm a budding nudist. Oh, I've not really taken any action on this monumental decision to come out but for the first time I'm in knowledge my feelings about being naked. I like being naked, I wish I could be naked all the time but that's not practical. I have to go outside sometimes, you have to be in public for shopping, my volunteer job, just being out there you have to cover up your nakedness.

For me a quad/tetrapegic for over 40 years now clothes has been my nemesis. Seriously, my acceptance being in public naked happened after my accident. Seemed like for weeksI was completely naked all the time except for the little smock the hospital gave you in weak stab and modesty; luckily the time was summer the least I was cold and I could sense. The hospital nudity was just practical for the nurses and docs. I cannot even begin to count the times I would be naked on the bed flat on my back and my penis hanging out and getting prepped for catheterization and the nurse would be called away for one reason or another and invariably a candy striper or visitor would walk in the room. It was just easier to smile and say hello and to get all freaked out over the intrusion and my nudity. I found having next to no hands the less amount of clothing I had to get on get off the better. I've been blessed over the years to have just enough hand function to do most things I need to do independently. But still, having one pair of pants to pull up is hard enough I did not want to have to worry bout shorts then or now. I don't wear socks only during late Fall Winter into early Spring. I only wear shirts to protect the public from my obesity-- but that's changing. More than once I have fallen out of my chair for one reason or another and who is ever around are the designated lifters. Case in point, couple summers ago I was crossing the street to a restaurant not far from my office. I was in my manual chair in my front wheel can't a rock or something and I flew out of my chair on the street. I of course could not get myself back in the chair and relied on good Samaritans passing and they did help. Couple of men and three or four women all bent to assist and of course the pant were the first to go. Once again there I was partially nude in a big way—they got me pulled up the pants and I went on my way. It would just be easier to be naked all the time.

I love the heat in the summer, love hot summer nights the hotter the better. I love to set out on my deck in the dark naked, drink a beer smoked cigarette and watch my neighborhood in the dark. When I can I love to sit on the deck and back in the house, in the dark naked and watch the trains flyby. I like being naked and being outside, I am a nudist! Dianne found a local website about salt Lake Nudists—I joined the page but have not heard back yet. I doubt I will really do anything about participating but is just empowering to know that I can... If I want to... Clothing optional.



No comments: