Thursday, July 04, 2013

Welcome Home Old Friend



I got the call late Tuesday afternoon. UCAT called advising me my power chair is finally repaired! Again, I allowed myself to experience controlled excitement but I was excited. Perhaps the A T conspiracy I have been experiencing the last couple weeks might be coming to an end. I could hope. It was almost 4 PM and Dianne I just returned from watching Asher. She was tired of volunteered to head right out and procure the repaired technology.

It was not long before Dianne returned and hurriedly unloaded the chair. It was good to see wheelchair. Even though I've had issues with this I've grown to appreciate the wheelchair's strengths and accept the wheelchairs weaknesses. The tilt mechanism was indeed prepared for which I'm immensely appreciative. Now let me say I am not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. UCAT is indeed a gift horse providing A T support and equipment in most cases at no cost. You might remember I initiated this project and trying to see how bad my control mechanism was malfunctioning. In the interim it was strongly suggested that UCAT might have controller which would interface with my power chair. This would be awesome. If I have to replace this controller the cost could will be in the thousands. So,we were extremely excited at the prospect of a new controller or at least controller which seems to work. It didn't happen there was no new controller and I believe I have accepted this , it is just a disappointment. So I'm going to live in the moment knowing where there is a stockpile of controllers which will meet my needs when the moment comes.

So yesterday I put the chair to the test and headed back to my Wellness program. Dianne drove me to the train station and I was on my way I felt great. I had forgotten to plug the chair in to charge overnight. Still I was at 98% charge. I even deviated from my path and grabbed a hamburger before my workout and I even stopped at the art store on the way home all on the short charge and I got back home at about 55% charge. I felt great, my butt felt great I was back in the game.

I cannot believe how good it felt to be back at Wellness. I don't know what has happened but I did the 30 min hand bike with almost ease. I also did rickshaw, and other exercise regimens with gusto. I really felt I was doing my body good. I actually wanted more but I was glad to work out and feel the good the work out is doing to my body.

Its the Fourth of July and we are toying going out and watch fireworks later on. I would actually rather just hang out at the house and watch the illegal fireworks that I know many of the neighbors will launch. But it might be fun to go down to Murray Park and watch the fireworks there. And either way I will be were I will be with rings on my fingers and bells on my toes in my repaired power chair ho ho ho.


No comments: