Sunday, December 14, 2014

Insomnia, The New Normal

Another night of no sleep – – I was able to do some resting know and I hope that is just as good. I finally dragged myself out of bed around 7 AM when daylight was creeping in the west windows of our bedroom. However I must admit, for the record, the night before I actually got five or six hours of sleep which seems huge on a morning like today. I'm so grateful for the rest I got Friday night Saturday morning. With this added energy I was able to take part in Dianne's birthday luncheon at our favorite Asian food restaurant, the Shanghai Cafe. The place has great vegetable dishes in the Thai/Chinese traditions, fairly large portions and relatively good service. The place is fairly accessible wheelchair dining so it's a no-brainer for us. You have gigantic eggrolls, the best in Salt Lake and the biggest Salt Lake that I've ever seen. It's always a fun place to eat pretty authentic I always try to try new things when I'm there but I always end up going back to green pepper and beef broccoli dishes they're relatively safe. We had a great time dining with Bridget, Gabriel, Asher and Anakah or B A G A. I wish other family members could have been present but it never seems to work that way. It was great seeing Anakah, the adolescent, she is so involved in her life, which is the way it should be. Ancients like us love to share with students of the young one's lives we can. So for a short moment in time we all came together in a great meal and great experience in the memory to add to our pocket full of memories you carry around day-to-day.

Dianne loves secondhand stores so, as part of my gift is small and shallow as it is was was to hit a couple of these places on the way home. I actually had ulterior motives in that we were out the day before and I noticed someone's Steven King collection had made it to the bookshelves. Couple years ago I gave away one of my favorite Steven King's Hearts in Atlantis and I was excited when I saw this volume at the secondhand store. We got a few things in front of a home and spent the rest of the evening watching old movies. I really would've liked to have done more for Diane's birthday whatever's going on with me is not only sapping my creativity and energy levels .


I tried to get an appointment with my primary care provider which is sort of a joke. I am going to have to maintain this bizarre lifestyle until January 5which is the earliest appointment I could get. I left word how frightened I am how emergent I think the need is to hopefully one of the nurses will get back with me at least advise me as to what I could do in the meantime short of showing up at the ER which is something I do not want to. But I'm alive today and I'm grateful for that, clouds came in overnight temperatures dropped and there was a skiff of snow over everything this morning I got up and it looks like more snow is falling now. Not much but kind of the first know the season.

No comments: